August 16, 1:30-2:30 p.m. “Making the Most of Summer’s Bounty”—Cooking Demo @ Cooking Demo Kitchen
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 chicken legs cut into thigh and drumstick
- 2 medium carrots peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchinis cut into 2-inch long pieces
- 1 large red or green pepper cut into 2-inch long pieces
- 1 whole preserved lemon rinsed well, pulp and pith removed, sliced into strips or diced
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds optional
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and let marinate 20-30 minutes.
- Heat a tagine, large skillet or heavy-bottom casserole dish until very hot. Brown chicken parts in a bit of olive oil until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables and sauté with chicken.
- Deglaze pan with marinade from bowl, then lower heat. Cook covered on low heat or in the oven at 350° for 45 minutes.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post