This recipe was developed by Georgia Pellegrini, an American author, chef, outdoor adventure expert and host of the TV show “Wild Food.” Her books include Modern Pioneering, Girl Hunter and Food Heroes.
August 16, 1:30-2:30 p.m. “Making the Most of Summer’s Bounty”—Cooking Demo @ Cooking Demo Kitchen
- 2 chicken legs cut into thigh and drumstick
- 2 medium carrots peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchinis cut into 2-inch long pieces
- 1 large red or green pepper cut into 2-inch long pieces
- 1 whole preserved lemon rinsed well, pulp and pith removed, sliced into strips or diced
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds optional
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and let marinate 20-30 minutes.
- Heat a tagine, large skillet or heavy-bottom casserole dish until very hot. Brown chicken parts in a bit of olive oil until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables and sauté with chicken.
- Deglaze pan with marinade from bowl, then lower heat. Cook covered on low heat or in the oven at 350° for 45 minutes.