MAKE IT: Sometimes you don’t even have 20 or 30 minutes to tend to a soup pot on the stove, but you still want to serve your family a wholesome homemade meal. The answer, of course, is the trusty crockpot. We owe this recipe to The Crockin’ Girls, a.k.a. slow cookin’ mamas in a fast-paced world, who captured our hearts with their three-step crockpot prep method for this Southern soul food. Find them at crockingirls.com.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 ¼ cup creamy of celery soup
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (10-ounce) can of biscuits
- Put all ingredients—except the biscuits—in a crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours.
- About an hour before serving, remove the chicken and pull into pieces; then return shredded chicken to the pot.
- Tear the biscuit dough into small pieces, and roll into dumplings. Add to the soup and cook until dough is no longer raw in the center.
Of 39 ingredients on the label, 26 are USDA certified organic. More important, there isn’t a single ingredient we can’t pronounce. Imagine uses no MSG, no GMOs and no artificial flavors, chemicals or preservatives in any of its products. All of Imagine’s soups come in cartons that eliminate the need for chemicals and preservatives.