Photo Credit: James Stefiuk
Chicken Soft Tacos With Corn Salsa
These delicious chicken tacos make the perfect meal when you want dinner on the table quickly.
Share this Post
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 1⁄2" strips
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper divided
- 2 (8") flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 small Roma tomato chopped
- 1 tablespoon peeled finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapenos
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a 10" skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle all sides of chicken pieces with 1⁄8 teaspoon salt and 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper. Place seasoned chicken in skillet and cook 6 minutes until all pieces are cooked through. Transfer to a medium plate, cover, and set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes.
- While tortillas are baking, make salsa: Combine corn, tomatoes, onions, and jalapenos in a small bowl. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Set aside.
- To assemble tacos, fill warmed tortillas with cooked chicken, then top with corn salsa. Enjoy.
Excerpted from The Ultimate Cooking for One Cookbook by Joanie Zisk. Copyright © 2019 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Photography by James Stefiuk. Used with permission of the publisher, Adams Media, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.
Calories: 701kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 24g | Sodium: 1134mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post