Photo Credit: James Stefiuk
Chicken Soft Tacos With Corn Salsa
These delicious chicken tacos make the perfect meal when you want dinner on the table quickly.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 1⁄2" strips
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper divided
- 2 (8") flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 small Roma tomato chopped
- 1 tablespoon peeled finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapenos
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a 10" skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle all sides of chicken pieces with 1⁄8 teaspoon salt and 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper. Place seasoned chicken in skillet and cook 6 minutes until all pieces are cooked through. Transfer to a medium plate, cover, and set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes.
- While tortillas are baking, make salsa: Combine corn, tomatoes, onions, and jalapenos in a small bowl. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Set aside.
- To assemble tacos, fill warmed tortillas with cooked chicken, then top with corn salsa. Enjoy.
Excerpted from The Ultimate Cooking for One Cookbook by Joanie Zisk. Copyright © 2019 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Photography by James Stefiuk. Used with permission of the publisher, Adams Media, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.
Calories: 701kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 24g | Sodium: 1134mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post