Photo Credit: Kayleigh Lockhart for Vital Proteins
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Instead of whipping up the traditional pie, try out this Chicken Pot Pie Soup for a flavor upgrade.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 pound chicken breasts (or 1 lb. rotisserie chicken for convenience)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 6 stalks celery
- 4 large carrots
- 1 pound riced cauliflower
- 1 medium white onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 6 cups bone broth
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Prepare to cook the chicken separately in a large skillet. Start by washing and cutting the chicken into small pieces, then place them in the skillet with avocado oil and cook until no longer pink inside. If desired, add butter to the skillet and lightly brown the chicken.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the vegetables by mincing the garlic and onion, and chopping each of the vegetables to the desired size.
- Fill a large pot with about 2 cups of water (this pot will be used to cook the soup, so make sure it’s big enough!), and add all the vegetables, cover with a lid, and cook until the carrots and sweet potatoes are soft.
- Use a strainer or hold the lid over the pot to empty the water out from the vegetables, and add in 6 cups of liquid bone broth. If you don’t have any, you can easily make a quick version by adding the same amount of water and Bone Broth Collagen, but in this recipe, it is added for extra flavor.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and add it to the pot, along with oregano, thyme, rosemary, pepper, and salt.
- Cover the pot with a lid, allow it to cook down for at least 10 minutes, and serve!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post