Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 medium chicken breasts, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1/4 cup white flour
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt divided
- Freshly ground pepper
- 5 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 cups uncooked Barilla rotini
- 1 bunch asparagus, bottoms trimmed, 2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Grated Parmesan for garnish
- Slice chicken breasts in half widthwise, achieving two thin slices per breast.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, lemon zest, 1 tsp salt and pepper. Coat each piece of chicken in flour mixture.
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook 3 minutes on each side, until lightly browned. Reduce heat if needed, so butter does not burn.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of water to boil, and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add asparagus, stock, capers and remaining ½ tsp salt to sauté pan, and cover with a lid. Simmer on low 5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken, and slice into ½-inch strips on the diagonal. Return to sauté pan, and stir in lemon juice and parsley.
- Drain pasta. Top pasta with chicken, asparagus, lemon butter sauce and Parmesan.
to easily remove tough ends.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post