Photo Credit: Ghazalle Badiozamani
Chicken Parm Zucchini Boats
This lightened-up version of chicken parm is easy to make and stuffed with yummy chicken and herbs.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 cup water
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup sugar-free marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan
- Pour water into an electric pressure cooker and place a trivet in the cooker. Arrange the whole zucchini on the trivet, angling as needed to fit.
- Place lid on the cooker and make sure the vent valve is in the Sealing position. Using the display panel, select the Manual/ Pressure Cook function and High Pressure. Use the +/− buttons until the display reads 4 minutes.
- While zucchini cooks, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan has preheated, add olive oil. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add chicken, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, basil, thyme and oregano. Break up the chicken and cook another 5 minutes.
- Stir in marinara sauce and reduce the heat to low.
- When the cooker beeps, switch the vent valve from the Sealing to the Venting position, administering a quick release. Use caution while the steam escapes.
- Carefully transfer zucchini from the cooker to a cutting board. Once cool, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds, leaving a ¼-inch shell.
- Scoop a few tablespoons of chicken mixture into each boat and sprinkle with the parmesan.
- In a food processor, combine ½ cup raw cashews, 1 Tbsp unfortified nutritional yeast, ¼ tsp fine sea salt, and 1/8 tsp garlic powder. Pulse until cashews are finely ground and resemble grated Parmesan cheese. Store in airtight container in fridge for up to 2 weeks
Excerpted from Instant Loss on a Budget: Super: Affordable Recipes for the Health-Conscious Cook © 2020 By Brittany Williams. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 13g | Sodium: 484mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post