- Cooking oil spray
- 1 cup whole wheat or gluten-free pastry flour
- 1 cup whole wheat or gluten-free flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 1/3 cup rolled or certified gluten-free oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 cup grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 325F. Spray loaf pan with cooking oil.
- Whisk together first 10 ingredients (through walnuts) in large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Stir in oil, brown sugar, applesauce and grated carrots.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir until just mixed.
- Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to one hour until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool before removing from pan.