Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 large spaghetti squash (see Cook's note)
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 kale leaves, stemmed and torn
- 2 large organic cage-free eggs
- avocado, carrot tops, hot sauce, salsa
- Roast your spaghetti squash: Preheat the oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and discard. Rub all sides of squash with olive oil, and sprinkle inside with sea salt and pepper. Place, cut-side down, on prepared baking sheet and bake 15 minutes. Remove pan from the oven, add the carrots, and season with more olive oil, salt and pepper. Return to oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes more, until you can easily poke skin with a fork. Let cool for a few minutes before scraping flesh off the sides into noodles.
- When ready to make your bowl, heat a splash of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place carrots in the skillet to cook first. Add spaghetti squash noodles next, just to warm. In the last minute, add torn kale leaves and cook until they wilt, sprinkling everything with extra sea salt and pepper. Transfer to serving bowls.
- Add a bit more oil to pan and fry eggs to your liking. Place on top of the spaghetti squash, adding whatever other toppings or sauces you’d like.
Cook's Note: The spaghetti squash and carrots can be roasted ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you are ready to assemble the bowls. Excerpted from Simply Real Eating: Everyday Recipes and Rituals for a Healthy Life Made Simple. © 2020 Sarah Adler. Photography by Carina Skrobecki. Reproduced by permission of The Countryman Press, a Division of W.W. Norton & Company.
Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 12g | Sodium: 1327mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 12g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post