Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 snapper fillets (approx 5 oz each), skin and pin bones removed
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
For the blackening seasoning:
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
For the relish:
- 1/2 JAZZ (TM) apple, small diced
- 1/2 mango, small diced
- 1 jalapeno, charred* and minced (seeds and stem removed)
- 1/2 avocado, small diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- Zest of 1⁄2 a lime
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- Salt to taste
- In a medium bowl, gently stir together all ingredients for relish. Set aside.
- Heat a medium/large sauté pan over medium/high heat.
- Pat both sides of the snapper dry using a paper towel. Brush the fish lightly with canola oil on both sides and then generously pat blackening seasoning on one side, shaking off any excess.
- Once the pan is hot, add the fish, blackened side down first and let sear for 3
minutes. Flip and sear on other side for 1-2 more minutes, or until dish easily removes from pan and is cooked through.
- Place the fish on a plate and then spoon relish over top and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and a squeeze of lime juice. Serve immediately.
*to char the jalapeno, stab with a fork and hold close to the flame on your stove-top burner OR broil until black on all sides in your oven.
Tried this recipe?Mention @WPRecipeMaker or tag #wprecipemaker!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #livenaturallymagazine