RightRice Black Beans and Rice with Roasted Red Peppers
A perfect meatless meal on its own or a delicious side to grilled steak or chicken, this healthy bowl is packed with flavor. This recipe uses RightRice, which is a shelf-stable grain made from 90 percent vegetables and has more than 2 times the protein, 5 times the fiber, and almost 40 percent less net carbs than regular rice. It’s delicious, nutritious, and easy to cook.
Share this Post
Servings: 4 people
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- Kosher salt
- 1 package RightRice Spanish rice
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable stock or water
- 6 sweet mini peppers sliced into rings
- 1 15- ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 lime halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- In a medium fry pan, heat one tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Stir in the RightRice to coat the grains with the oil. Add the stock or the water, bring to a quick simmer, and immediately turn off the heat. Cover and allow to sit for 12 minutes.
- While the rice sits, heat 2 tsp of olive oil in a small saucepan. Add the mini peppers and another pinch of salt and cook for 2 minutes until the peppers are barely soft. Remove.
- Using the same pan, gently warm the black beans over low heat with a tablespoon of water. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- After 12 minutes, fluff the rice with a fork. Squeeze the juice of ½ of a lime over the rice, then stir in another teaspoon of olive oil if desired.
- Divide the rice evenly between four bowls. Place a generous spoonful of beans on top of each, then garnish with the mini peppers and cilantro. Serve with a lime wedge.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post