Photo Credit: Shutterstock
Black Bean and Mushroom Veggie BurgersPRINT
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces button or cremini mushroom
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon liquid coconut amino acids
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 can (15-ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup ground flax meal
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Himalayan pink salt and pepper to taste
- Non-stick cooking spray
Condiments of your choice:
- Guacamole or sliced avocado
- regular or vegan cheese (optional)
- hamburger or butter lettuce buns
- sliced red or white onion
- Wash mushrooms and all produce with Eat Cleaner Fruit + Veggie Wash. Chop mushrooms coarsely and salvage stems if they're not too tough; mince parsley and prep condiments.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are golden brown and all their liquid is evaporated, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in the liquid coconut amino acids and paprika and cook for 30 seconds more. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the beans in a medium bowl and mash lightly with a potato masher or fork. Add the mushrooms, ground flax meal, cilantro and lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and mash until evenly combined and the mixture starts to hold together. Adjust seasonings, if needed.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Form into 6 burgers and place the patties and mist burgers with non-stick cooking spray Bake until golden, about 12 minutes and carefully flip to cook on other side. Top with cheese if desired and cook until melted. Remove from heat and stack them up with your fave condiments and enjoy!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post