Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 green onions, white and green parts, chopped
- 1 cup sliced asparagus or green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch segments
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 2 1/2 cups cold cooked brown rice
- 2 cups well-chopped kale, trimmed and ribs removed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2-3 teaspoons tamari or soy sauce
- Chile-sesame oil and zest of 1 lemon to serve (optional)
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add green onions and asparagus and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until green onions soften.
- Stir in garlic and ginger. Wait 30 seconds, then add rice and stir to separate the grains. Cook for about 3 minutes, until rice is hot, then stir in kale.
- Shift rice and vegetables to the sides of the skillet and add remaining ½ Tbsp sesame oil to the pan. Add eggs and push them around until just set. Break up eggs with a spatula.
- Drizzle in tamari and stir-fry everything together until well-combined, about 30 seconds.
- To serve, drizzle with chile-sesame oil if you like a bit of heat and sprinkle with lemon zest. Serve immediately.
Excerpted from Super Natural Simple © 2021 by Heidi Swanson. Reproduced by permission of Ten Speed press. All rights reserved.
Calories: 309kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 11g | Sodium: 393mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post