Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Penne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 jar Barilla® Roasted Garlic sauce
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 16-ounce can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (or 1/2 teaspoon dried) crushed
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- In a small bowl combine 1 cup chickpeas, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and salt; spread in an even layer in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Roast chickpeas about 30 minutes or until browned and crisp, stirring once halfway through roasting; cool completely.
- In a food processor blend remaining chickpeas until finely processed; set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan heat 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium heat; sauté zucchini for 2 to 3 minutes; remove zucchini from pan and set aside.
- In the same saucepan stir together the Roasted Garlic sauce and processed chickpeas; bring to a very low simmer.
- Pour Roasted Garlic sauce mixture into large pot; stir in zucchini and 1 tablespoon rosemary; stir in pasta.
- Slowly add reserved cooking water until desired consistency is reached; serve immediately topped with roasted chickpeas and crumbled feta.
- Customize it: To add an extra dose of veggies without any extra work, stir in baby kale or baby spinach just before serving.
Calories: 339kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 7g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post