Gluten-Free Penne with Chicken Vodka Sauce
This dish comes together in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 box Barilla Gluten-Free Penne
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 10 white button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1 14-ounce can tomato puree
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, add olive oil and saute onions for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Turn the heat to high, then add chicken and mushrooms. Brown for approximately 5 more minutes.
- Add vodka and reduce completely. Stir in cream and tomato sauce, then bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and toss with sauce, then stir in cheese and parsley right before serving.