Photo Credit: Aleksey Zozulya
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- Pressure Cooker
- 3 very ripe bananas (with black spots all over)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup monk fruit sweetener
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons ghee or refined coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups almond flour
- Use a potato masher or fork to mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, sweetener, maple syrup, ghee or coconut oil, applesauce, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Use a stand or hand mixer and beat on low to medium speed until well blended.
- Add the flour and mix on low until combined.
- Grease a 6-cup Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray (don’t forget to grease the center). Pour the batter in and lightly cover with aluminum foil. Poke a hole through the foil in the center of the pan so the steam can pass through it.
- Place the trivet in the Instant Pot, pour in 2 cups of water, and carefully lower the Bundt pan onto the trivet. Secure the lid, move the valve to the sealing position, and hit Manual or Pressure Cook at High Pressure for 55 minutes. When done, allow a 10-minute natural release followed by a quick release. Let cool for 20 minutes (see Jeff’s Tip).
- Lightly loosen the edges of the Bundt with a silicone spatula. Cover the lip of the pan with a large plate and carefully flip it so the banana bread slides out onto it. Slice and serve!
Jeff’s Tip: To me, banana bread is best enjoyed when fully cooled to room temperature. So I prefer to wait about 3 hours until cutting into it. Just wrap it in some foil or rest under a cake dome on the counter before unmolding it. But of course you can totally not listen to me and dig in as soon as it’s ready! Excerpted from The Lighter Step-By-Step Instant Pot Cookbook: Easy Recipes for a Slimmer, Healthier You © 2021 by Jeffrey Eisner. Published by BenBella Books.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post