Photo Credit: California Avocado Commission
Avocado & Egg Breakfast Muffins
These egg breakfast muffins are a delicious, satisfying breakfast option. Make a batch on the weekend and enjoy throughout the week.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves chopped
- 1 ripe Fresh California Avocado seeded, peeled and diced
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle seasoning (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a standard-sized non-stick mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine tomatoes, spinach, avocado, salt, pepper and optional chipotle seasoning.
- Spoon two tablespoons of vegetable and avocado mixture into each mini muffin cup.
- Beat eggs and egg whites together in a separate bowl.
- Pour eggs over the vegetables until about a little more than three-quarters full.
- Sprinkle egg muffin mixture with cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until eggs spring back to the touch.
Recipe and photo provided by the California Avocado Commission. Recipe developed by Bonnie Taub-Dix, RDN, creator of BetterThanDieting.com and @bonnietaubdix on Instagram. Bonnie is a brand advocate for the California Avocado Commission. For more recipes with California Avocados, check out https://www.californiaavocado.com/recipes.
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 140mg | Potassium: 270mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 863IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post