Photo Credit: California Avocado Commission
Avocado & Egg Breakfast Muffins
These egg breakfast muffins are a delicious, satisfying breakfast option. Make a batch on the weekend and enjoy throughout the week.
Share this Post
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves chopped
- 1 ripe Fresh California Avocado seeded, peeled and diced
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle seasoning (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a standard-sized non-stick mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine tomatoes, spinach, avocado, salt, pepper and optional chipotle seasoning.
- Spoon two tablespoons of vegetable and avocado mixture into each mini muffin cup.
- Beat eggs and egg whites together in a separate bowl.
- Pour eggs over the vegetables until about a little more than three-quarters full.
- Sprinkle egg muffin mixture with cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until eggs spring back to the touch.
Recipe and photo provided by the California Avocado Commission. Recipe developed by Bonnie Taub-Dix, RDN, creator of BetterThanDieting.com. Bonnie Taub-Dix is a brand advocate for the California Avocado Commission. For more recipes with California Avocados, check out https://www.californiaavocado.com/recipes. Copyright © 2014, Bonnie Taub-Dix. *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. **Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly. As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados. © 2020 California Avocado Commission For more information about California Avocados and to learn more about the farmers who grow them visit CaliforniaAvocado.com. Get nutrition information at CaliforniaAvocado.com/nutrition.
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 140mg | Potassium: 270mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 863IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post