Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 4 large eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped, for serving
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced, for serving
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh spinach or baby kale
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Chipotle Salsa (recipe follows) or store bought salsa, for serving
- 1 14-ounce can fireroasted diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chipotle peppers in adobo
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- kosher salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until the fat renders and the bacon is crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove the bacon from the skillet and drain on a paper towel–lined plate. Lightly crumble the bacon with your hands.
- Place the shallots in the same skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until caramelized, about 3 minutes. Remove the shallots from the skillet and drain on the paper towel–lined plate. The shallots will crisp up as they dry.
- Wipe out the skillet and melt the butter in it over medium heat. Add the beaten eggs and cook, undisturbed, until a thin white layer forms around the edge of the skillet. Using a rubber spatula, gently push the eggs around the skillet until fluffy and barely set, about 2 minutes. Immediately transfer the eggs to a plate and gently fold in the cheese.
- To assemble, on the warmed tortillas layer the greens, eggs, and avocado. Top with the bacon, shallots, and green onions. Serve with lime wedges and salsa alongside.
- In a blender or food processor, pulse together the tomatoes and chipotle peppers until mostly smooth, about 1 minute. Add the sesame seeds and season with salt. Pulse to combine, about 30 seconds. Taste and add more salt as needed. Store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Reprinted from Half Baked Harvest Super Simple. Copyright © 2019 by Tieghan Gerard. Photographs copyright © 2019 by Tieghan Gerard. Published by Clarkson Potter, an imprint of Penguin Random House, LLC.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post