Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 4 burgers
- Food processor
- 1 lb deveined shrimp raw and peeled
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced or grated
- ½ tsp ginger root peeled and grated
- 1 whole green onion (trimmed) finely diced
- 1 organic egg white
- ¼ cup panko crumbs
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds (optional)
- 4 radishes washed, trimmed, and finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup mixed greens/shoots roughly chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp coconut sugar
- 1 ripe mango peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 thin multigrain buns or alternatively serve on rice
- Miso yogurt (optional)
- Into food processor, place ¼ of prepped shrimp and blend until a fine, ground paste. Add remainder of the shrimp, and pulse a few times to dice and combine, scraping down sides of bowl, if necessary. Place shrimp into medium-sized mixing bowl and add garlic, gingerroot, green onion, egg white, panko crumbs, and black sesame seeds, if using. Mix to combine.
- Divide ground shrimp into 4 portions and, with your hands, form into patties. Refrigerate or freeze for approximately 15 to 30 minutes.
- While patties are in fridge, use mandolin to thinly slice radishes. Place sliced radishes in small glass bowl and top with lime juice. Let sit for 20 minutes, drain before using.
- In another small bowl, combine bean sprouts, mixed greens or chopped pea shoots, and cilantro. Toss with rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, and coconut sugar.
- Over medium heat, pan-fry patties for 4 minutes on each side, or until pink all the way through. Serve on bun (or rice) and top with pickled radishes, bean sprout slaw, sliced mango, and your choice of condiments or creamy dressing (such as miso mayonnaise for great umami flavor).
- PER SERVING: 337 CAL; 34 G PROTEIN; 6 G FAT; 42 g CARB (15 G SUGARS); 442 MG SODIUM; 6 G FIBER
Serving: 1burger | Calories: 337kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 442mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 15g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post