- 1 (14-ounce) package firm or extra-firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- ¼ cup tamari or Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- ⅛ cup peeled, finely grated carrot
- 1 bunch carrots, with greens on
- 1 bunch lacinato kale
- 1 small head (or half a larger head) napa cabbage
- 1 medium-sized zucchini
- 1 large watermelon radish; can also use daikon radish or 4 regular radishes
- 2 tablespoons toasted white and black sesame seeds, for garnish
Slice tofu into ½-inch slices. Lay slices on a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
Whisk remaining tofu ingredients in a bowl.
Place tofu in a shallow dish, and cover with marinade. Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes, or up to 24 hours.
For dressing, place all ingredients in a sealable container and shake vigorously. Can be refrigerated up to 3 days.
Prepare grill. Thoroughly clean and oil. Preheat to medium high. If no grill, preheat broiler on medium heat with rack 6 inches from the top.
For salad, remove greens from carrots; chop greens into small, bite-sized pieces. Chop kale and cabbage into ¼-inch shreds. Place all greens in a large mixing bowl.
Peel carrots. Use a spiralizer to spiral-cut carrots and zucchini into long, noodle-like pieces. Add to mixing bowl with greens.
Cut top and bottom off watermelon radish. Using a mandolin slicer, a chef knife or a slicing blade on a food processor, slice radish paper-thin. Place in salad bowl with greens and vegetables.
Grill marinated tofu until grill marks appear, 1½ to 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat, and cut into thinner slices or square cubes. If no grill, place tofu in a 9×13-inch baking dish and broil, flipping once, until golden brown, approximately 4 minutes.
Toss all greens and vegetables with dressing; disperse among 6–8 salad bowls. Top with tofu; garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
PER SERVING: 190 CAL; 9G PROTEIN; 11G FAT; 16G CARB (8G SUGARS); 590MG SODIUM; 3G FIBER