Photo Credit: James Stefiuk
Apple Crumble Jars
These tasty little individual desserts taste even better with a dollop of fresh whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Make ahead for picnics or after-school treats, or whip up after a day of apple picking with the family!
Share this Post
For apple filling
- 3 cups diced, peeled and seeded Granny Smith apples (approximately 3 large)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 glass jelly jars (4-ounces)
For crumble topping
- 2 tablespoon gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 4 teaspoons light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
To make apple filling
- Places diced apples in a medium bowl and toss with lemon juice.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss
- Preheat air fryer to 350° for 3 minutes
- Distribute apple mixture among jelly jars. Place three jars in air fryer basket. Cook 7 minutes. Repeat with remaining jars.
To make crumble topping
- While apple mixture is cooking, combine crumble topping ingredients in a medium jar.
- Spoon crumble topping over cooked apples. Bake an additional 5 minutes in batches of three jars.
- Let jars cool 10 minutes before covering. Refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 4 days.
Excerpted from The “I Love My Air Fryer” Gluten-Free Recipe Book by Michelle Fagone. Copyright © 2019 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Photography by James Stefiuk. Used with permission of the publisher, Adams Media, a division of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post