Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 2 cups
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo chopped
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro leaves for garnish (optional)
- To bowl of high-powered blender, add sunflower seeds and boiling water and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except cilantro, and blend on high speed, scraping down sides of bowl as needed, until creamy and smooth, about 3 minutes. If too thick, add boiling water until desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer queso to serving bowl and top with cilantro, if desired. Leftovers may be refrigerated in an airtight container for 3 days.
Serving: 0.25cups | Calories: 77kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 82mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post