Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 16 slices Palisade peaches, preferably free stone, barely ripe (or your local peaches)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 18 medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 4 teaspoons ground ancho chili
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely diced shallots
- 2 shishito peppers, skin blistered, peeled, sliced
- 2 shishito peppers, skin blistered, peeled, reserved for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon Palisade dry white wine (or your favorite wine)
- 1 cup cooked black rice (Forbidden Black Rice)
- Prepare grill with medium high heat. Brush peach slices with olive oil, then sprinkle with 1 teaspoon ground ancho chili, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place peach slices on grill. Cook until grill marks appear, about 2 minutes, turn slices over. Grill until grill marks appear on second side. Remove slices from grill and reserve.
- Place butter in medium sauté pan over medium heat. When butter has melted, add shallots.
- Cook for 1 minute. Season shrimp with remaining ancho powder, sea salt and pepper. Add shrimp to pan and cook for 2 minutes; tossing shrimp often so they cook evenly. Add garlic and shishito pepper strips. Cook for 1 minute. Add dry white wine and lime juice, and reduce for 1 minute. Add cream to pan and reduce until sauce is slightly thickened. Add grilled peach slices to pan, and simmer for 2 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- To Plate: Place 1⁄2 cup of hot black rice in the center of a pasta serving plate. Repeat with a second serving plate. Divide the shrimp between the 2 plates, arranging them around rice. Spoon sauce, including peaches, over shrimp. Garnish by dusting plates with ancho powder and top rice with cilantro and reserved whole blistered shishito peppers. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post