Ancho Shrimp, Grilled Palisade Peaches & Shishito Peppers
Peach season is the sweetest!
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 16 slices Palisade peaches, preferably free stone, barely ripe (or your local peaches)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 18 medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 4 teaspoons ground ancho chili
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely diced shallots
- 2 shishito peppers, skin blistered, peeled, sliced
- 2 shishito peppers, skin blistered, peeled, reserved for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon Palisade dry white wine (or your favorite wine)
- 1 cup cooked black rice (Forbidden Black Rice)
- Prepare grill with medium high heat. Brush peach slices with olive oil, then sprinkle with 1 teaspoon ground ancho chili, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place peach slices on grill. Cook until grill marks appear, about 2 minutes, turn slices over. Grill until grill marks appear on second side. Remove slices from grill and reserve.
- Place butter in medium sauté pan over medium heat. When butter has melted, add shallots.
- Cook for 1 minute. Season shrimp with remaining ancho powder, sea salt and pepper. Add shrimp to pan and cook for 2 minutes; tossing shrimp often so they cook evenly. Add garlic and shishito pepper strips. Cook for 1 minute. Add dry white wine and lime juice, and reduce for 1 minute. Add cream to pan and reduce until sauce is slightly thickened. Add grilled peach slices to pan, and simmer for 2 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- To Plate: Place 1⁄2 cup of hot black rice in the center of a pasta serving plate. Repeat with a second serving plate. Divide the shrimp between the 2 plates, arranging them around rice. Spoon sauce, including peaches, over shrimp. Garnish by dusting plates with ancho powder and top rice with cilantro and reserved whole blistered shishito peppers. Serve immediately.