Commercial granolas can have a lot of sugar and oil in them. This easy recipe has no oil, and uses healthier sweeteners. It has the perfect balance of flavor and texture . . . granola Zen!
Share this Post
Shopping ToolsHow this works
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (see note)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup combination of raisins and chopped dates
- 1 teaspoon lemon or orange zest
- Preheat oven to 300°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, combine the rolled oats, seeds, cinnamon, cardamom, and sea salt and stir through until well combined.
- In another bowl, first combine the almond butter with the maple syrup and molasses, stirring to fully blend. Next, add the brown rice syrup and vanilla extract, and stir through. Add wet mixture to the dry ingredients, and combine until well incorporated.
- Transfer mixture to your lined baking sheet and spread out evenly. Bake for 25–28 minutes, stirring a couple of times while baking to ensure the mixture bakes evenly. Remove from oven, stir in raisins and dates and bake for another 2–3 minutes. Remove from oven, stir in lemon zest, and let cool completely. Once cool, store in an airtight container. Eat straight up, or with nondairy milk or yogurt.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post