Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/8 cup caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- One package Siete Grain-Free Almond Flour Tortillas
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/8 cup honey or agave
- Strip of lemon rind
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325°. Butter a round glass pie pan.
- Mix nuts, sugar and spices together.
- Lay first tortilla in the center of pan, brush with melted butter and layer with some nut mixture. Butter remaining tortillas (both sides) and place on top of each other, layering each with nut mixture until you have used up all your filling and tortillas.
- Use a sharp knife to pre-cut into triangles. Bake 35 minutes.
- To make syrup, warm sugar, water and honey/agave over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Add lemon rind, juice, cinnamon stick and whole cloves. Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Strain and cool down to thicken.
- Remove baklava from oven and spoon syrup on top. Let sit for at least an hour, then serve and enjoy!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post