Recipe Type: Entree
Author: Genevieve Doll
- 2 small acorn squash (about 1 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (12-ounce) package fully cooked chicken sausage, cut into ½-inch slices
- 5 ounces baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup salted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced sage leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice each squash widthwise, and scoop out seeds with a spoon. Using 1 tablespoon olive oil, brush cut side of squash, and sprinkle lightly with salt. Place cut side down on baking sheet. Roast for 25 minutes, until easily pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add sausage in a single layer, and sauté for about 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Add spinach, and cook for 2 minutes, until wilted. Stir in lemon juice.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter and sage over medium heat. Cook for 3–4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until butter lightly browns and releases a nutty aroma.
- Fill each squash with sausage and spinach, and drizzle with brown butter.
PER SERVING: 442 CAL; 14G PROTEIN; 30G FAT; 32G CARB (2G SUGARS); 705MG SODIUM; 4G FIBER (NUTRITIONAL VALUES CALCULATED AT NUTRITIONDATA.SELF.COM)