Bruschetta with Multicolor Tomatoes & Basil
This summer appetizer is guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 4 thick slices of rustic crusty sourdough bread
- 2 pints multicolor cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 10 leaves sweet Italian basil, chopped
- 5 tablespoons good aromatic extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Season tomatoes with 3-tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and let sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Grill or toast bread drizzled with remaining olive oil.
Meanwhile, chop basil and add to the tomatoes then top bread with tomato mixture.
Drizzle with remaining olive oil before serving.