Cucumber Salad with Honey Sesame Dressing
Cucumbers provide beneficial phytonutrients—specifically carotenoids, flavonoids, and antioxidants—mostly from the skin and seeds, so try to include both whenever you can in recipes calling for cucumbers.
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons chili oil (I prefer chili oil that includes pieces of chili)
- 2 large cucumbers, quartered lengthwise and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the vinegar, soy sauce or tamari, sesame oil, honey or maple syrup, and chili oil.
Add the cucumber pieces and sesame seeds to the liquid dressing, and mix together until evenly coated.
Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or until cold.
Give it one final stir and top with additional chili oil if you like it spicy, and serve cold.