Mostaccioli with Red Onions, Tomatoes & Smoked Mozzarella Cheese
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Mostaccioli
- 4 cups Red Onions sliced thin
- 12 leaves Fresh Basil chopped
- Salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 28-ounces Peeled San Marzano Plum Tomatoes, Canned
- 1/3 cup Smoked Mozzarella Cheese, Cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Chili Pepper Flakes
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Heat olive oil in large skillet over low heat. Sauté onions for about 15 minutes or until softened.
Add tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Add Mostaccioli to boiling water. Cook according to package directions.
Heat sauce through while pasta is cooking.
Drain pasta. Immediately add hot pasta to sauce.
Add basil and smoked mozzarella cheese. Mix well.
Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 8g