Black Bean, Bell Pepper and Mango Salad with Chipotle Lime Dressing
With sweetness from the mango and heat from the chipotle powder, this salad packs a delicious punch to your taste buds!
- 1 cup wild rice blend, soaked overnight
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium green bell pepper, medium dice
- 1 medium red bell pepper, medium dice
- 1 large mango, medium dice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
- Cilantro, for garnish
In a large bowl, combine black beans, bell peppers, and mango.
In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, garlic, salt, honey, and chipotle powder. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking to emulsify. Add dressing to salad and stir gently. Season to taste.
Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add pumpkin seeds and toast for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently until lightly browned.
Garnish salad with toasted pumpkin seeds and cilantro leaves.
Pair with grilled salmon or top with avocado, for a simple yet delightful summer dinner.
Calories: 326kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 11g | Sodium: 298mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 6g