Italian Chopped Salad
A delectable medley of flavors and textures. This salad becomes more delicious when marinated overnight— ideal for a make-ahead lunch. Add extra pepperoncini peppers if you prefer a spicy dish.
- 3 cups bite-sized cauliflower florets
- ½ medium cucumber
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans
- 6 ounces summer sausage, small dice
- ½ cup chopped marinated artichokes
- ½ cup chopped green olives
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped pepperoncini peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Place 2 inches of water and a steamer basket in a medium pot. Add cauliflower. Cover, and bring to a simmer. Cook 7 minutes, until barely tender. Transfer cauliflower to a bowl to cool slightly.
Quarter cucumber lengthwise, and slice into ½-inch pieces.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Adjust flavors to taste.
This lunch is served in a BUILT NY gourmet bento glass single compartment with stainless steel utensils set.
To save time, purchase cauliflower florets instead of a whole cauliflower. Slice if needed to ensure bite-sized pieces.
Calories: 445kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 27g | Sodium: 1621mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 3g