Penne with Feta, Cherry Tomatoes and Zucchini
Try this recipe for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 1 box Barilla® penne
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 medium size zucchini, small diced
- 2 pints multicolor cherry tomatoes
- 3 slices lemon, 1/8th inch thick
- 8 ounces feta cheese, 1 block
- 1/4 cup pistachio nuts, shelled, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 15 leaves of fresh basil, torn
- salt and black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 400F and bring a pot of water to boil.
Place zucchini, tomatoes, lemon, oregano in a baking dish, season with salt and pepper and 2 tbs evoo, place feta right in the center, bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile cook pasta according to directions.
One minute before pasta is ready add ½ cup cooking liquid to freshly baked feta, and with the help of a spoon smash the cheese.
Add drained pasta, mix well/ Stir in basil, drizzle remaining oil and combine well again. Top with pistachios before serving
This pasta recipe originally appeared on Barilla® website.