Vegan Sushi Power Bowl
Bring the sushi bar to your home with this easy plant-based power bowl. It tastes just like a veggie roll with nori, cucumber, tofu, carrots, mango, and more.
Sushi Bowl Rice
- 2 cups short grain brown rice
- Sea salt to taste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon date paste or maple syrup
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup ginger miso dressing
Ginger Miso Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons miso paste (yellow or white preferred)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or date paste
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons mirin or sweet white wine
- 3 tablespoons rice or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup silken tofu or non-dairy plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- Baby kale or spinach
- Cooked edamame
- Carrots, julienned
- Cucumbers, sliced
- Mango, diced
- Sesame seeds
- Cabbage, shredded
- Sautéed mushrooms (shiitakes), sliced
- Bell peppers, sliced
- Avocado, sliced
- Baked tempeh or tofu
- Nori sheets, cut in strips
Bring the rice and water to a boil.
Cover and cook on low heat for 45 minutes.
Fluff rice and let cool uncovered for 10-15 minutes.
Add rice vinegar and sweetener.
Place baby greens in a bowl. Add rice, toppings of your choice, miso dressing, nori strips, and sesame seeds.