Roasted Carrots with Carrot-Top Sauce and Chipotle Yogurt
A healthy side dish that uses the whole carrot and siggi’s yogurt to create a creamy sauce.
- 2 pounds small carrots with tops
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons toasted pepitas
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup siggi’s 4% plain yogurt
- 1 ½ teaspoon adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers
- Additional lime wedges, toasted pepitas, and cilantro to garnish
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Trim carrots, reserving 1 cup of carrot tops. Slice carrots in half lengthwise and place in large a bowl. Add olive oil, cumin, salt, and pepper and toss to combine. Spread carrots evenly on a large baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes, or until tender.
While the carrots are roasting, place carrot tops, garlic, cilantro, pepitas, and extra virgin olive oil in a blender and blend to combine. Add 1/4-1/3 cup water to thin sauce to desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
In a small bowl, mix siggi’s yogurt with adobo sauce.
To serve, place the roasted carrots on a platter and drizzle with carrot top sauce and chipotle yogurt. Garnish with lime, toasted pepitas, and cilantro leaves.
Calories: 350kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 250mg | Sugar: 4g