Southwestern Grilled Peach Salsa
This flavorful grilled salsa marries sweet corn and peaches with spicy jalapeño.
- 2 peaches
- 1 avocado
- 2 cobs of corn, shucked
- 2 jalapenos, sliced in half long way and seeded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Slice peaches and avocado in half and remove pits.
- Combine two tablespoons olive oil and two tablespoons lime juice, and brush over peaches, avocado, jalapenos and corn.
- Once grill is hot, add avocado, peaches and jalapenos cut-side down; cook 4 minutes. Place corn on grill and cook 8 minutes, turning twice. [If you don’t have a grill, set oven to high broil. Place vegetables and fruit on top rack; cook 5 minutes, until browned.]
- Peel peaches while they are still hot (optional). Remove skin from avocado. Dice peaches, avocado and jalapenos into ¼-inch pieces, and place in a bowl. Slice kernels off of corn cobs, add to bowl.
- Combine onion with other cut ingredients.
- To make dressing, in a small bowl combine agave, garlic, salt, cilantro, and remaining olive oil and lime juice. Mix well.
- Pour dressing over cut ingredients and toss gently.