Meet the Beet
You’ll be glad you made the acquaintance of this nutrient-rich treasure.
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 large beets, diced
- 3-4 cups vegetable stock
- 1-2 (15-ounce) cans coconut milk
- Fresh herbs, like dill, basil or parsley, for garnish
- In a saucepan, sauté garlic and onion until translucent.
- Add beets, and sauté for about 7 minutes; then add enough vegetable stock to cover beets. Simmer covered until beets are soft.
- Cool the mixture slightly; then puree in a blender or food processor.
- Return puree to low heat, add coconut milk, and stir until blended and warmed. Garnish with herbs.
Recipe and some nutritional facts provided by Sue Van Raes, a licensed holistic nutritionist.