These brownies are low in calories and high in yummy cocoa flavor.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 1/2 tablespoons SweetLeaf Stevia Sweetener
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325˚. Line an 8×8-inch glass baking dish with foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang. Coat foil with nonstick spray.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Let cool slightly. Whisk stevia, cocoa and salt in a medium bowl to combine. Pour butter in a steady stream into dry ingredients, whisking constantly to blend. Whisk in vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, beating vigorously to blend after each addition. Add flour, and stir until just combined (do not over-mix). Scrape batter into prepared pan; smooth top.
- Bake until top begins to crack and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 25–30 minutes.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack; let cool completely in pan. Using foil overhang, lift brownie out of pan; transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 16 squares.
PER 1 SQUARE SERVING: 78 calories; 3g carbohydrates; 7g fat; 2g protein; 70mg sodium; 0g sugar