Getting enough vegetables into your daily diet can be a struggle. This smoothie recipe can help. Plus, you get bonus nutrition from the macadamia nuts (1 ounce of macadamia nuts provides 17 grams of healthy monounsaturated fats).
- ¾ cup cooked and pureed butternut squash
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 cup mango chunks, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup plain kefir (try Simple Truth Organic Plain Kefir, or plain yogurt)
- 1 ounce macadamia nuts; 12 nuts
- Place all ingredients in a blender, and puree until fruit and nuts are smooth.
- Add a little water to thin out if desired
PER SERVING: 462 cal; 9g prot; 23g fat; 62g carb (44g sugars); 212mg sodium; 8g fiber