For a spring or summer brunch, this colorful, flavorful dish can be prepped and cooked in less than 30 minutes. And according to Harvard study, spicy foods may even help you live longer!
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, chopped into small chunks
- ½ red pepper, cut into small chunks
- 14 oz. canned tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 oz. Nando’s PERi-PERi sauce
- Pinch of salt
- On medium-low heat combine the olive oil and cumin seeds in a deep, medium skillet and stir until fragrant.
- Add the onions and a pinch of salt to the skillet and stir until they begin to brown, then stir in the zucchini and red pepper.
- Pour the canned tomatoes over the top of the veggies so that it makes an even layer and swirl Nando’s PERi-PERi on top. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Crack the eggs into the skillet, ensuring enough space between them.
- Take skillet off heat and place under a hot grill until eggs are cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve with chunks of warm bread if desired.