From savory appetizers to delicious side dishes, Jarlsberg cheese is a must-have holiday ingredient sure to change the shape of your holiday meal.
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 ounces balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 4 ounces, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme (or equivalent dried)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces pine (pignoli) nuts
- 8 ounces shredded Jarlsberg Cheese
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Cut tomatoes in half. In bowl, whisk together vinegar, 1/3 cup olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper; gently mix in tomatoes. Transfer to ovenproof dish. Place tomatoes cut-side up and bake 15 minutes.
- In pan, toast pine nuts with remaining olive oil until golden then set aside.
- When tomatoes are cool enough to handle, remove skins and return to baking dish. Sprinkle tomatoes with shredded cheese. Return to oven and broil about 5 minutes, or until cheese turns golden and bubbly. Top with toasted pine nuts.