Award-winning chef Adrianne Calvo has created a brand new way to enjoy chili just in time for the Super Bowl. Calvo has added her own twist in efforts to elevate the common chili recipe by adding her crowd-pleasing short rib. Chef Adrianne’s short rib was named one of the ’50 Things You Need To Eat Before You Die’ by Thrillist in 2015. Combining her short rib with some simple ingredients is sure to be the perfect play on Game Day.
“I have always been a huge fan of watching the Super Bowl with my family and friends,” said Chef Adrianne. “This year, I was inspired to create my very own take on chili; something everyone would be dreaming about long after the game.”
- 3 lbs. short rib (boneless), trimmed of excess fat
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (28-ounce) diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can (28-ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup dark beer
- 2 (16-ounce) cans red kidney beans
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker on the low heat setting.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 hours. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, minced, seeded
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Serve a dollop on top of bowl of chili.
Adrianne Calvo is executive chef and owner of Chef Adrianne’s Vineyard Restaurant and Wine Bar, host of Maximum Flavor Live on NBC’s 6 in the Mix, author of four cookbooks: Maximum Flavor (2005); Chef Adrianne: Driven by Flavor Fueled by Fire (2008); #MaximumFlavorSocial (2014); and Play with Fire (2015), and founder of the Make it Count Foundation. For more information, visit www.chefadriannes.com or follow her on Instagram: @chefadrianne and Facebook by clicking here.