Salmon & Kale Quinoa Salad Recipe by: Jane Horlebein
- 1 bunch kale, deveined, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar, divided
- 6-ounce salmon fillet, deboned
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, divided
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ red onion, sliced julienne
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes for garnish
- Place kale pieces and ½ cup apple cider vinegar in a pan, and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place salmon on foil-lined sheet pan, brush with 1/4 cup maple syrup and bake for about 15 minutes, until salmon is flaky. Set aside to cool; then flake with a fork.
- In a large bowl, toss kale in remaining maple syrup and apple cider vinegar. Add remaining ingredients, and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with red pepper flakes.
- Can be refrigerated and kept for 3–4 days.