Enjoy leftovers for lunch, as flavors continue to develop overnight. Other hearty leafy greens can be substituted for spinach, though they will require a couple minutes of additional cooking time.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, medium dice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 medium Russet potatoes, medium dice
- 1½ cups red lentils, rinsed
- 5 cups water
- 1 medium bunch spinach, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Toasted coconut, for garnish
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, warm coconut oil and add onion. Sauté 2–3 minutes, until translucent. Add curry powder and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in potatoes and lentils, followed by the water. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer covered for 25 minutes, until lentils are creamy.
- Stir in spinach, lime juice and salt. Season to taste.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and toasted coconut.
PER SERVING: 291 CAL; 16G PROTEIN; 6G FAT; 47G CARB (3G SUGARS); 836MG SODIUM; 18G FIBER