Red Kuri Squash and Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Recipe Type: Appetizer
- 1 ½ cups diced red kuri squash, unpeeled
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2–3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 / 3–2 / 3 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Toss squash with olive oil and salt. Bake 35–40 minutes or until fork-tender. Remove from oven.
- Place red pepper under broiler until the skin blisters. Allow pepper to cool; then remove the skin and seeds, and dice the pepper.
- Place diced red pepper, chickpeas, garlic, roasted squash and tahini in a food processor; blend until very smooth. Slowly add vegetable stock to bring to desired consistency.
- Add lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Serve with pretzel chips or crackers.