- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons water
- ½ cup oat flour (see step 2)
- ½ cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon maple sugar (or date sugar)
- 1½ cups almond milk
- Real maple syrup, fruit and nuts for topping
- Mix the ground flaxseed and water together in a small bowl, and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Make your oat flour by processing ½ cup of oats in a food processor for about 30 seconds. The “flour” will have some texture to it.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flaxseed and water mixture with the milk.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients, and stir well.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet. Once the skillet is hot, place ¼ cup of batter into the skillet, and cook until you see bubbles forming on top. Turn the pancake over, and cook until browned on both sides.
- Top with maple syrup, raspberries, blueberries, walnuts or other favorite toppings.
Adapted from recipe by Carol D’Anca in Real Food for Healthy People (Food Not Meds, 2015), foodnotmeds.com. Photo by Glenn Scott.