We’re nuts about this granola alternative.
Maple Quinoa Seedola (Granola Alternative)
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons hemp nut seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- Preheat oven to 325. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or coat lightly with cooking oil spray.
- Rinse quinoa well and drain. Add to a medium-size bowl along with rolled oats, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, hemp seeds and cinnamon. Stir together until well mixed.
- Add oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and maple extract to quinoa mixture. Stir until all the ingredients are well coated. Spread on prepared baking sheet. Bake on middle rack for 20 minutes, or until very lightly browned. Allow to cool before transferring to glass storage container.
Calories: 196 Fat: 13g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 18g Sodium: 5mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 7g Cholesterol: 0mg