This is a refreshing and satisfying dish. Tomatoes and bell peppers are packed with vitamins C and E, and the avocado and olive oil are great sources of healthy fat.
- 2 medium limes, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, julienned
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 nectarine, pitted and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 small radishes, diced
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped in large chunks
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- In a bowl add lime zest, lime juice, and slowly whisk in olive oil.
- Mix in shallots, green onion, and jalapeno to olive oil mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine nectarine, bell pepper, radishes and tomatoes in a large bowl. Pour in olive oil mixture and gently combine ingredients.
- Cover salad and place in the refrigerator for two hours.
- Right before serving, fold in cilantro and avocado. Serve with tostadas.
Live Naturally is excited to share recipes from students and graduates of Bauman College, like Kristina S. Lechuga. Bauman is committed to spreading wellness through the healing power of fresh, whole food. Their holistic nutrition and culinary arts programs equip students with the tools necessary to support people – locally and globally – in achieving optimal health. For more info, visit baumancollege.org.