Additional curry powder can be added to boost spice level if preferred. A simple dish that can be prepared ahead of time for lunches throughout the week. Purchasing smaller chicken breasts will speed up cooking time.
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 5 small)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 firm but ripe apricots, medium dice
- ¼ pound snap peas, ends trimmed and medium dice
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place chicken in an 8×8-inch baking dish, and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper, followed by curry powder. Cover with foil. Bake about 25 minutes, until chicken reaches 165°.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine apricots, snap peas, cilantro and ginger.
- In a small bowl, whisk coconut cream, avocado oil, lime juice and salt.
- Wash and separate lettuce leaves.
- Once chicken is cooked, shred using two forks, leaving some larger pieces. Add chicken to apricot and snap pea mixture, and stir to combine. Fold in dressing, and season to taste.
- Serve on lettuce leaves.
PER SERVING: 363 cal; 36g prot; 12g fat; 27g carb (23g sugars); 405mg sodium; 2g fiber