There are quite a few carrot cake truffles recipes out there, but none are like these. All things whole foods here: rolled oats, raisins, unsweetened and unsulphured coconut flakes, raw almond butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and a pinch of salt.
- 1 cup MaraNatha raw almond butter
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup rolled or quick oats
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 2-3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients (except chocolate chips) and using spatula mix until combined. Using small scoop, form and roll golf size carrot cake balls placing on a platter lined with parchment paper. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- You can enjoy carrot cake bites “as is” straight from the freezer or turn them into healthy truffles. Melt a few tablespoons of chocolate chips with a tiny drop of coconut oil in a microwave or over a double boiler, then drizzle over each bite and sprinkle with Himalayan pink salt and “powder” from walnuts for a sure “wow” factor. Thaw for about 5 minutes or so before serving.