To show you how easy it is to start eating organic, I put together a quick breakfast recipe using some of my favorite organic products. These hearty pancakes are made with organic whole grain oats, organic Stonyfield yogurt, organic blueberries and fresh nuts.
- 1½ cups organic old fashioned oats, divided
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup organic blueberries
- Preheat a greased griddle pan over medium heat.
- In a food processor, pulse 1 cup of oats until finely ground and resembling flour. In a mixing bowl, add oat flour, the remaining ½ cup old fashioned oats, pecans, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine. In a separate bowl, combine yogurt, egg, oil, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix to incorporate. Fold in the blueberries.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop batter onto pre-heated pan. Gently flatten the batter to resemble patties. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then flip cakes and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Cakes are done when both sides are golden brown and center is set.
- Optional: Top with lightly sweetened yogurt and blueberries before serving.
Theresa Greco is the creator of The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine, where she shares her passion for delicious food and a healthy lifestyle with recipes and reviews. She spends her days working as a law librarian, but her nights and weekends are spent as a home chef, avid food writer and social media expert. She enjoys motivating people to eat healthier both in and out of the kitchen with recipes and dining choices that are inspired by her love for home cooked/non-processed foods.